Meet Dr. Heidi Ryan, FACS
Heidi Ryan, MD, FACS is a board certified general and bariatric surgeon serving patients in the Las Vegas, NV area. Having done the majority of her medical education at the Indiana University School of Medicine and University of Nevada School of Medicine, she has also extensively trained in daVinci robotic surgery technology, endoscopy, laparoscopy, and minimally-invasive trauma surgery.
Dr. Heidi Ryan was the first female weight loss surgeon in the Las Vegas area. Besides being an expert robotic surgeon, Dr. Ryan brings a unique brand of patient care with a passion for helping men and women, young and old, improve their health and start living the lifestyle they deserve.
Dr. Ryan is currently the co-owner and practice manager of VIP Surg. Her free time is spent raising her son and volunteering her time to service for those in need through non-profit work.
Dr. Ryan’s specialities include minimally invasive surgical techniques for:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy/Gastric Sleeve
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Bariatric Revisions
- GERD Surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Medical Degree: Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Nevada School of Medicine (Las Vegas) – General Surgery
- Fellowship: University of Nevada School of Medicine (Las Vegas) – Minimally Invasive/Bariatric Surgery
Notable Experience & Accomplishments
- Assistant Professor at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Contributing writer for the text book “Essentials of Robotic Surgery”
- Founding Member of the American Foregut Society (AFS)
- 2010 Intern of the Year at the University of Nevada School of Medicine Department of Surgery
- First place in two Trauma Resident Paper Competitions in the categories of Clinical and Basic Science
Dr. Ryan’s list of peer-reviewed publications and oral research presentations is extensive, with such credits as the American Journal of Surgery, the American Journal of Psychiatry, the Society for Robotic Surgery World Robotic Symposium, and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons Annual Meeting.