Dr. Shawn Tsuda, FACS
Dr. Shawn Tsuda, FACS is a board-certified general surgeon and who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is fellowship trained in laparoscopic weight loss surgery, and certified in da Vinci Xi robotic surgery and the Linx procedure for GERD, for which he is also a trainer.
Dr. Tsuda specializes in minimally invasive surgical techniques including:
- Gastric sleeve / sleeve gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Lap-Band revisions
- Foregut surgery
- Ventral hernias
- Inguinal hernias
- Hernia repair surgery
- LINX Anti-Reflux Surgery
- and flexible endoscopy
He currently applies his skills and experience to offer state-of-the-art surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity, reflux, hernias, and other gastrointestinal diseases. He remains active in teaching and research both locally in Nevada and elsewhere.
- Medical Degree: University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Nevada School of Medicine (Las Vegas) – General Surgery
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School – Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery
Notable Experience & Accomplishments
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Member, board of directors for the Oquendo Bioskills Center, training surgeons from around the world
- Chair of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Technology and Value Assessment Committee (TAVAC)
- Founding Member of the American Foregut Society (AFS)
- AFS Robotics Committee member
- LINX trainer
- Past Associate Professor at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, where he worked at the state’s busiest medical center for over 10 years
- First place, Top Gun Laparoscopic Skills Shoot-Out at the SAGES meeting, 2008
- Robotic Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery: A Comprehensive Textbook. Edited by Tsuda S, Kudsi Y. Springer. 2018
- Louie B, Tsuda S, et al. Objective Evidence of Reflux Control After Magnetic Sphincter Augmentation: One Year Results From a Post Approval Study. Ann Surg. 2018.
- Walker P, May A, Mo J, Deepa C, Santillan MR, Kim S, Ryan H, Shah S, Wilson E, Tsuda S. Multicenter Review of Robotic Versus Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair: Is There a Role for Robotics? Surg Endosc 2018.
- Lam J, Grimes K, Mohsin A, Tsuda S. Troubleshooting Common Endoscopic Malfunctions: A Study Integrating a Preoperative Checklist and Troubleshooting Guide into Surgical Resident Training. Surg Endosc 2017.
- Kim S, May A, Ryan H, Tsuda S. Distraction and Proficiency in Laparoscopy: 2D Versus Robotic Console 3D Immersion. Surg Endosc 2017.
- Holihan J, Chen J, Greenburg J, Hehir D, Johnston S, Marcus D, Ryan H, Tsuda S, Liang M. Incidence of Port-Site Hernias: A Survey and Literature Review. Surg Lap Endosc Perc 2016.